Monday 27 August 2007

Some Free Opening Theory

If you like to keep up with opening theory. You can purchase the latest Informator, or you can shell out on the New In Chess yearbooks. If you want your analysis unfiltered, then downloading the latest TWIC files is another method.
And of course there are some online sites. One that I know exists, but haven't taken much notice of is ChessPublishing.com (groan, not another review). The main reason I haven't bothered with it is because I struggle with the little opening theory I know now, and I don't want to be swamped with more information than I need. But while looking for some information on the Kalashnikov I discovered something interesting. Although you have to sign up to ChessPublishing.com (with real money) they also have a Opening Bulleting Board, which is free to read. Although only signed up members can post, you can pick up some free analysis there.
The address is http://www.chesspublishing.com/yabb2/YaBB.pl
But let the usual warnings apply. With anything that is free, you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good гeplіеs in гetuгn of this
iѕsue with solid argumеnts and telling еverуthing
on thе topiс οf that.
My webpage ... galaxys3.fr